AVR®: picoPower® and Putting an Application to Sleep
In this video:
- Revisit AVR® Libc support for sleep.
- Disable the brownout detector when sleeping.
- Provide an overview of the solution project to "AVR Hands-on megaAVR® picoPower®,” which uses a very similar application to the one we have developed.
- Explore the techniques used to save power:
- GPIO set as inputs with pull-ups enabled.
- Use the Power Reduction Register to turn off the clocks to unused peripherals.
- Use the Asynchronous Timer-Counter 2, which can be clocked directly from an RTC.
- Set the sleep mode to power-save mode.
- In the while loop if the sendflag is set, after sending the USART string, putting the AVR MCU to sleep.