AVR®: Splitting Functions Into USART.h and .c Files
In this video:
- Reference Tutorial on AVR® Freaks: Modularizing C Code: Managing Large Projects (by Dean Camera)
- Grey out code that will not compile as part of your project (e.g. through #IFDEF), using Naggy (Available from the extension manager)
- Move defines and function prototypes, used in relation to the USART, to a header file: USART_irq.h.
- Move USART functions and variables to USART_irq.c.
- Use of the Extern keyword is highlighted for global variables.
- Add include files.
- Add USART_irq.h to both main.c and USART_irq.h.