The circuit below shows a MCP6SX2 Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA) used to condition multiple sensors. The PGA allows the user to select an input sensor and gain with the Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) bus. It can also help linearize non-linear sensors, e.g. thermistors.
- Multiple sensors
- CMOS input (high impedance and low bias current)
- Digital control (SPI) of input and gain
- Linearization of non-linear sources
- Input stage distortion
- Amplifies common mode noise
- Needs microcontroller unit (MCU) and firmware