The MCP16311/2 device is a compact, high-efficiency, fixed frequency, synchronous step-down DC-DC converter in an 8-pin MSOP or 2x3 TDFN package that accepts input voltages up to 30 V. Integrated features include a high-side as well as a low-side switch, fixed frequency peak current mode control, internal compensation, overcurrent limit and under-voltage lockout over-temperature protection.
High converter efficiency is achieved by integrating the low-resistance, high-speed low-side and high-side switches as well as associated drive circuitry. In order to deliver high efficiency over the entire load range, starting from ~100 μA up to 1 A, the MCP16311 can run in both Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) and Pulse-Frequency Modulation (PFM) mode. It switches to PFM mode for light load conditions and for large buck conversion ratios.
MCP16312 can run in PWM-only mode.
Buy here >
- Input Voltage Range: 4.4 V to 30 V with UVLO at 4.1 V to start and 3.6 V to stop
- Up to 1 A Output Current Capability
- Integrated low-side (RDSON: 170 mΩ) and Integrated high-side (RDSON: 300 mΩ)
- Switching Frequency: 500 kHz
- Reference Voltage: 0.8 V
- Adjustable Output Voltage from 2 V to 24 V
- Automatic Pulse-Frequency Modulation/ Pulse-Width Modulation (PFM/PWM) for the MCP16311 or PWM-only operation for the MCP16312
- Low Device Quiescent Current: 44 μA (non switching) for MCP16311
- Low Device Shutdown Current: 4 μA
- Soft-start time: 300 μs
- Peak Current Mode Control
- Thermal Shutdown: 150°C with 25°C hysteresis