Install the MPLAB® Harmony Configurator (MHC)
Before you create a new "MPLAB® Harmony Project", you must install the MPLAB Harmony Configurator (MHC) graphical user interface. This GUI enables you to easily add and configure the Harmony library files needed for your application. It also enables the MPLAB X IDE to create a new "MPLAB Harmony Project".
Create a New MPLAB® Harmony Project
- In the MPLAB® X IDE, select File ▶ New Project
(or click in the toolbar).
- Select the Microchip Embedded category if it is not already selected.
- From the Projects list, select MPLAB Harmony Project.
- Click Next >.
If you do not see the "MPLAB Harmony Project" option you have not installed the MHC. Click here for instructions.
The next window should have the default Harmony Path, Project Location and Project Path already selected for you. Remember the MPLAB® Harmony framework expects to find specific files in specific locations. Do not change these default paths because the project may not build.
- Set the Harmony installation path
- Set the project location
- Enter the project name you would like to use
- (Optional) Change the project configuration name or just use "default"
- Select the target device from the drop-down window (Which PIC32 is on my board?)
- Click Finish
After you click Finish, your new project will be opened.
MPLAB® Harmony Project Wizard Details
Learn more >
To view the following video full screen, click on the video title (view on YouTube).
The MPLAB® Harmony Configurator (MHC) plug-in must first be installed into the MPLAB® X IDE before creating an MPLAB Harmony Project. Click here for instructions on how to do this.
This video will show you how to create an MPLAB® Harmony Project in the MPLAB X IDE. For details on how an MPLAB Harmony Project differs from a typical "Standalone Project", click here.