The configuration of the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) network cluster, i.e. the specification of:
- Network publishers and subscribers
is managed in the LIN Description File or LDF. This is an ASCII-text file created by the network designer and provided to vendors who will be developing LIN Master/Slave node hardware/software.
From the LDF, ANSI-C driver code and header files are automatically generated using suitable tools, such as the IHR LIN Driver Configuration Tool.
LIN Description File (LDF)
- Defined by consortium
- Global description language
- One single file describes a complete LIN network
- Universal file for embedded software, test, validation and analysis tools
- Defines cluster information
- Protocol Version
- Language Version
- Bus Speed
- Node List
- Schedule Tables
LDF Header Section
LDF Signal Definition Section
LDF Frame Definition Section
A detailed description of the LIN Configuration Language is provided in Section 9 of the LIN v2.2A Specification.