Microchip's certified Wi-Fi® modules simplify regulatory compliance for your products. Some things to keep in mind:
- Must use PCB or selected antennas
- Certification covers intentional radiation only.
- In all cases, electrical products still require unintentional radiation certification testing.
How to use the certification:
- US and Canada
- Put our FCCID on your product
- EU and Japan jurisdictions
- Get the test data from Microchip
- Create your self-certification documents
Please follow certification instructions provided in the module data sheet.
Wi-Fi® Alliance Certification
- Interoperability consortium (www.wi-fi.org)
- Membership: $15k/yr
- Use of Wi-Fi® Logo
- Must run through their test suite (~$2k)
- Microchip can provide test code used to achieve modular Wi-Fi® certification
Wi-Fi® certification is not a requirement.