This page shows you how to install and set up Microchip's Trust Platform Design Suite for CryptoAuthentication™. The design suite dramatically reduces the time you'll spend provisioning and using Microchip's secure elements.
- Installing the Trust Platform Design Suite Graphical User Interface
- Includes the Trust Platform GUI, Python and Jupyter Notebook.
- Also clones the Trust Platform repository from GitHub.
- Includes Python packages, C projects, and use case user guides.
- Setting the Path to the MPLAB X IDE Installation Folder
- Enables the GUI to re-program the CryptoAuth Trust Platform board.
Installing the Trust Platform Design Suite Graphical User Interface
The Trust Platform Design suite helps you with:
- Selecting the appropriate secure element family for your use case.
- Provisioning the secure element for your use case.
- Prototyping your use case using C-based example projects and the CryptoAuth Trust Platform hardware prototyping kit.
- Generating an encrypted file to share your secure element's provisioning secrets with Microchip.
The Trust Platform Design Suite includes Anaconda (Python distribution) and Jupyter Notebook (open-sourced Python-based application). Jupyter Notebook communicates with a secure element on the CryptoAuth Trust Platform development board to provision it for your specific use case. The CryptoAuth Trust Platform board includes all three Trust Platform devices: Trust&GO (pre-configured and pre-provisioned black box), TrustFLEX (pre-configured), and TrustCUSTOM (full custom). These devices are based on the ATECC608B CryptoAuthentication device.
Supported operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows® 10 64-bit
- macOS® Mojave 10.14.6 or newer
Supported Integrated Development Environments (for the C-based projects):
- MPLAB® X IDE v5.25 and XC32 C compiler v2.30 or later
Supported web browsers: Google Chrome and Apple Safari
Choose your operating system from the tabs below:
Download and run the installer.
Start the Trust Platform Design Suite. Click on the Windows Start icon and search for "Trust Platform V2".
Setting the Path to the MPLAB X IDE Installation Folder
If you want to re-provision the secure element after using the CryptoAuth Trust Platform board to prototype your use case, you will have to reprogram the board with factory firmware. The Trust Platform Design Suite can do this for you if you tell it where MPLAB X IDE lives on your computer. On the top left of the Trust Platform Design Suite window, select File > Preferences to specify the path to MPLAB X IDE.
The CryptoAuth Trust Platform board comes pre-programmed with firmware. This firmware enables Jupyter Notebook to provision the secure element on the CryptoAuth Trust Platform board for your specific use case. Once the secure element is provisioned, you can re-program the board to prototype your use case using one of the example projects that come with the Trust Platform Design Suite.