Step 1.1: Create MPLAB Harmony v3 Project Using MCC on MPLAB X IDE
Select File > New Project from the main IDE menu.
In the Categories pane of the New Project dialog, select Microchip Embedded. In the Projects pane, select 32-bit MCC Harmony Project, then click Next.
In the Framework Path edit box, browse to the folder where you downloaded the framework. If you haven't done this, or want to download it to a different folder, click the Launch Content Manager button, then click Next.
For more information on the content manager, see the "Download MPLAB Harmony Framework" section of the "MPLAB Harmony Configurator Overview" page.
In the Project Settings window, apply the following settings:
- Location: Indicates the path to the root folder of the new project. All project files will be placed inside this folder. The project location can be any valid path, for example: <Folder of your choice>\dev\same51n_getting_started.
- Folder: Indicates the name of the MPLABX .X folder. Enter "sam_e51_cnano" to create a sam_e51_cnano.X folder.
Note: This must be a valid directory name for your operating system.
- Name: Enter the project’s logical name as "getting_started_sam_e51_cnano". This is the name that will be shown from within MPLAB X IDE.
Note: The Path box is read-only. It will update as you make changes to the other entries.
- Click Next to proceed to Configuration Settings.
Note: Clicking on the Show Visual Help button will open a help window providing a detailed description of the various fields in the Project Settings window.
Follow the steps below to set the project’s Configuration Settings.
- Name: Enter the configuration name as “sam_e51_cnano”.
- Target Device: Select ATSAME51J20A as the target device.
Note: You can select the Device Family or enter a partial device name to filter the list in Target Device to make it easier to locate the desired device.
- After selecting the target device, click Finish to create and open MPLAB Harmony v3 Project.
The MCC plugin’s main window for the project will be displayed.
- Resource Manager has two sections one is Project Resources and another one is Device Resources.
- Project Resources The project resources area displays all of the peripherals currently configured for the project. For example (CMSIS and Device Family Packs (DFP)). Select peripheral here, and the peripheral is ready to be configured in the Composer area. In the Project Resource area, the System module is always present. The System module simplifies the setting of configuration bits and configuring the system clock.
- Device Resources The Device resources area displays available peripherals for the device. Click on the peripheral you want to add to your project. The peripheral moves to the MCC Project Resources area and is ready to be configured to your project's requirements. For example Harmony Peripheral Libraries (PLIBs) for your device.
- Versions show MPLAB Code Configurator Plugin version information and different libraries and their version. For example, the supported Harmony v3 library.
- Project Graph: shows the instantiated components. You can instantiate available components by double-clicking on the component in the Device Resources panel. After successful component instantiation, you can see the instantiated components under the Project Resources panel.
- Configuration Options: Displays the tree view of the selected component under the Project Graph Area. You can configure the selected component in this section.