Step 1.1: Install the MPLAB® Code Configurator (MCC) Plug-in in the MPLAB X IDE
Verify that MCC is installed.
• Launch MPLAB X IDE from the Windows® Start Menu. Close any projects and files that are currently open.
• Go to Tools > Embedded > MPLAB® Code Configurator v5: Open/Close.
Step 1.2: Create MPLAB Harmony v3 Project using MPLAB X IDE
Select File > New Project from the main IDE menu.
Note: Close all existing opened projects before you start creating a new project.
In the Categories pane of the New Project dialog window, select Microchip Embedded. In the Projects pane, select 32-bit MCC Harmony Project, then click Next.
In the Framework Path edit box, browse to the folder you downloaded the framework to. Then click Next.
Note: For more information on the framework downloader, see the "Download MPLAB Code Configurator Framework" section of the "MPLAB Code Configurator Overview" page.
In the Project Settings window, apply the following settings:
- Location: indicates the path to the root folder of the new project. All project files will be placed inside this folder. The project location can be any valid path, for example: C:\microchip\harmony\v3\training\dev.
- Folder: indicates the name of the MPLAB X .X folder. Enter 'sam_l10_xpro' to name and create and name the folder.
Note: This must be a valid directory name for your operating system.
- Name: enter the project’s logical name as 'getting_started_sam_l10_xpro'. This is the name that will be shown within MPLAB X IDE.
Note: The Path box is read-only. It will update as you make changes to the other entries.
- Click Next to proceed to configuration settings.
Note: Clicking the Show Visual Help button will open a help window providing a detailed description of the various fields in the Project Settings window.
Follow the steps below to set the project’s Configuration Settings:
- Name: enter the configuration name as 'sam_l10_xpro'.
- Target Device: select ATSAML10E16A as the target device.
Note: You can select the Device Family or enter a partial device name to filter the list in Target Device in order to make it easier to locate the desired device.
- After selecting the target device, click Finish to launch the MCC.
Note: The New Project Wizard opens a Configuration Database Setup window to allow you to review the packages that will be used by the current project.
Before proceeding, set up the compiler toolchain. Click on the File tab on the top left pane, then click Project Properties(getting_started_sam_l10_xpro).
Make sure that XC32 (v4.30) is selected as the Compiler Toolchain for XC32. Additionally, select Simulator from the drop-down.
Click on Apply and then click on OK.
Tool Tip: If you close MCC accidentally and would like to open it again, go to Tools > Embedded > MPLAB® Code Configurator v5: Open/Close.