Compiler Advisor is an MPLAB® X IDE feature that helps you determine the best configuration for your project. A graphical comparison is presented based on carefully selected and available compiler optimizations using project code. Find the Compiler Advisor in MPLAB X IDE under Tools > Analysis > Compiler Advisor.
This MPLAB X IDE feature can be useful in:
- Providing information on available compiler optimizations for each compiler type (XC8, XC16 and XC32)
- Demonstrating the advantages each optimization provides for a project in an easy-to-read graphical form for program and data memory size
- Saving desired configurations
- Providing links to optimization definitions for each configuration
Supported compiler versions:
- MPLAB XC8 v2.30 and later
- MPLAB XC16 v1.26 and later
- MPLAB XC32 v3.01 and later
No license is required for use. However, the number of optimizations available for a free compiler will be less than for a licensed one.
MPLAB X IDE and Device Support
All devices supported in MPLAB X IDE will be supported in Compiler Advisor. Updated Device Family Packs (DFPs) will add device support.