MCP19111 is a mid-voltage (4.5-32V) analog-based Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) controller family with an integrated 8-bit PIC® microcontroller. This unique product combines the performance of a high-speed analog solution, including high efficiency and fast transient response, with the configurability and communication interface of a digital solution. Combining these solution types creates a new family of devices that maximizes the strengths of each technology to create a more cost-effective, configurable, high-performance power conversion solution. The MCP1911X family, when combined with Microchip's Enhancement-Mode FETs, or any low Figure-of-Merit (FOM) MOSFET, produces high-efficiency (> 96%) Direct Current (DC)/DC power-conversion solutions.
FOM devices focus on minimizing both on-state resistance (Rdson) and gate charge (Qg). They are focused on maximizing power conversion performance, making them ideal for switched-mode power supply applications.
MCP19111 Target Applications
MCP19111 Power Supply Evaluation Board (ADM00397)
The MCP19111 Evaluation Board demonstrates how the MCP19111 device operates in a synchronous buck topology over a wide input voltage and load range. Nearly all operational and control system parameters are programmable by utilizing the integrated PIC microcontroller core. MPLAB® X IDE can be used in conjunction with a Graphical User Interface (GUI) plugin to easily configure the MCP19111. Alternatively, you can program the MCP19111 using your own firmware, tailoring it to your application. The evaluation board contains headers for In-Circuit Serial Programming™ (ICSP™) as well as I²C communication, pull-up and pull-down resistor pads, and test point pads on each General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) pin, and two pushbuttons for system development.
MCP19111 Power Supply Evaluation Board (ADM00397) Features
- Vin range: 5V to 12V
- Adjustable Vout range: 0.5V to 3.6V
- Maximum output current: 30A with proper air flow
- Programming and I²C communication headers
- Factory programmed to produce 1.8V from 12V source
- MCP19110/11 Digitally-Enhanced Power Analog Controller with Integrated Synchronous Driver datasheet
- MCP19110/11 Flash Memory Programming Specification
- PMBus™ Monitoring Graphical User Interface User’s Guide
- Using the MCP19111 Design Tools
- MCP19111 PMBus Firmware
- Digitally Enhanced Power Analog (DEPA)
- Enhancement-Mode N-Channel Products