The Improved Version of MPLAB® Xpress
The new MPLAB® Xpress is Microchip's web-based programming environment that allows you to develop applications from within a browser. MPLAB Xpress shares many of the same features as the downloadable, fully-featured MPLAB X IDE. Both softwares support developing applications for Microchip PIC® MCUs, dsPIC® Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs), AVR® MCUs, and SAM MCUs.
MPLAB Xpress is cloud-based and provides:
- Simplified IDE to get started
- No software installation required
- Simulate now – no board necessary
- Available Bridge interface to MPLAB Snap, MPLAB PICkit™ 4, and Curiosity and Curiosity Nano boards
- Use existing myMicrochip login credentials to save work in the cloud
- Evaluate versions of the MPLAB XC compilers hosted in MPLAB Xpress
- Git repository support for access to new and imported projects
- MPLAB Code Configurator support
- MCC is a free, graphical programming environment that generates seamless, easy-to-understand C code to be inserted into your project.
- MPLAB Discover support
- This application is an example project browser for all Microchip devices that conveniently lets you browse, select, and/or download examples using intuitive categories and search terms.
See the "Release Notes" (Help > Release Notes) for information on the latest features and other information.